If you are looking for a pet lodge for your furkids for the upcoming holidays, Best Friends Pet Lodge may very well be the ideal holiday resort for your dog(s) that you’ve been looking for. They are based 20 minutes from Midrand, in the beautiful mountains between Hennops River and Hartbeespoort dam – a lovely and relaxing holiday spot for your furkids.
Best Friends Pet Lodge offers 12 luxury cabanas and is run by qualified Dogtown SA staff members who provide personal care and attention to ensure your dogs’ stay is as enjoyable as possible. Think of sunset walks, T-touch sessions (read all about it here) and games and cuddles.
As for their rates, you might find it interesting to learn that dogs adopted from Dogtown SA receive a 15% discount, dogs adopted from other organisations receive a 10% discount and pensioners (humans and dogs) receive a 10% discount as well. Dogtown SA receives a percentage of the income from Best Friends Pet Lodge so knowing that you support the work they do, is an added bonus!
To help you decide on a pet lodge for your furkids, the team at Best Friends Pet Lodge have put together 7 important points for you to consider before making your decision.
1.Go and look at the facility. Looking at a Facebook page or website is not enough. Make the time to visit the facilities and see what they offer first hand. If the facility is hesitant about booking your viewing, some red flags should pop up. Make sure to check all areas of the facility, including their kitchen and food preparation area. Check to see if all the areas are clean and that the water bowls are clean and contain fresh water.
2. Is the facility secure? Will your pets be safe? This is very important in the decision making process. You need to be 100% sure that your dog will be safe inside the facility and that there is no way for them to get out. Have a look at the perimeter fencing. Are all the gates closed on arrival? Are the gates all secure and lockable? You need to be sure that when you leave your furkids at the facility, they will be safe. When you arrive at Best Friends Pet Lodge you will notice their attention to detail in terms of security straight away. Once inside the office area, you go through 2 gates to get to the gardens and cabanas. All their fences and walls are at least 2.4m high and each garden gate is lockable, so you know your furkids are secure in their garden at all times.
3. Will your dog have an adequately sized garden? It is important to make sure that your pet has enough space to move around comfortably and that they are not cooped up in a small area, even for a short period of time. The required garden size will depend on the age, size, breed and energy levels of your dog. The Best Friends Pet Lodge gardens vary from 100m2 to 150m2 which is an ideal size for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
4. Do the staff seem knowledgeable and caring? This is another reason why it is so important to visit the facility in person and meet the people who will be taking care of your dogs. Do they seem caring? Is the person who will be caring for your dog qualified and capable? Always ask questions as you will also get a good gut-feeling after you have met the people who will be working with your dog.
5. How often will your dog be exercised? This is crucial especially if you are going away for a longer period of time. Even though the garden might be sufficient in size, your dog needs exercise and stimulation. High energy level dogs will need to be taken on regular, long walks to help them burn off some steam. It is very important to discuss the exercise regime with the facility that you are considering.
6. Are pets required to be current on their vaccinations? Any reputable boarding facility will require vaccinations to be up to date and the manager will ask to see proof of the vaccination certificate. This is important to make sure that all dogs who visit the facility are healthy and protected against any diseases. The health and safety of your furkids should always come first so the vaccination policy should be very strict.
7. Finally, check what other services are available such as grooming, training, bathing? Do they cater for special requests such as medication and special diets? Are they prepared to put on doggy jackets for your dog when it gets cold? This will mean that the boarding facility you are considering goes the extra mile, which is what you want.
To view the Best Friends pet Lodge you can call them on 083 656 2230 or contact them by email email@example.com
If you’ve enjoyed this blog post, please share it with others!