What temperature should I cook hamburgers on an electric griddle?
Heat up the griddle to 350 degrees. That is enough heat to cook the burgers without burning them.
What is the best way to cook hamburgers on a griddle?
Hamburger griddling instructions
- Oil up your griddle.
- Heat the oil at high temperature on the stovetop until it spits lightly.
- Slap on your hamburger patties and cook for 3 minutes on one side. …
- Flip over your burger patties and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove burgers and add to your buns.
How long do you cook hamburger patties on the griddle?
To cook a hamburger on a griddle, coat the surface with a healthy cooking oil. After preheating to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, cook the meat for about 4 minutes on one side, and 3 minutes on the other side.
How many minutes should you cook a burger on each side?
When you prefer your burger to be done medium-well, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other for six minutes. And for those who prefer a well-done burger, cook the patty on one side for three minutes, flip and cook for an additional seven minutes.
What temp do you cook a hamburger?
To test for doneness, insert an instant-read meat thermometer through the side of a burger into the center. The internal temperature should be about 145°F for medium-rare or, if using commercial ground beef, cook it to at least medium, 160°F.
Can you cook steak on a griddle?
Steps to Prepare
Cook – Preheat griddle to 300 degrees F. Place steaks on griddle and cook about 3 minutes per side. Continue to cook flipping, until your desired doneness. Rest – We recommend letting it sit 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Can you make Smash burgers on an electric griddle?
A metal spatula – this one is wide and will give you plenty of surface area for smashing! An electric griddle – making burgers on a griddle is so convenient! Lots of surface area and good grease drainage. We have this and use it all the time for pancakes, french toast, grilled cheese, quesadillas, and now burgers!
How do you cook burgers on a griddle outside?
It’s plain and simple:
- Preheat your griddle for 5 minutes.
- Oil up the griddle plate.
- Press your meat together to form 2” patties. …
- Throw down your patties on the griddle.
- Smash the patties with a press or spatula for 30 seconds (make it non-stick before)
- Stop smashing and keep cooking the patties for 1 – 2 minutes.
How do you tell if a burger is done?
We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare. 140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done.
How long should I cook a burger?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)