Use a thermometer to ensure the temperature is correct: 325 degrees for French fries, 375 degrees for shoestring and basket-weave fries. Carefully add potatoes to oil in small batches so as not to lower the temperature of the oil. Cook shoestring and basket-weave potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
How long do you fry frozen french fries?
Heat 1/4 cup cooking oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add frozen Golden Crinkles fries to form a single layer. Fry 7 to 12 minutes, turning frequently. Cook to a light golden color.
Do you have to thaw fries before frying?
When frying French fries, do not let them thaw before using. … This guarantees that the surface of the potato is sealed during the frying process, resulting in a crispy, high quality fry. Some operations do thaw potatoes before cooking. This results in an excess absorption of fat and an undesirable greasy flavor.
How do you know when French fries are done frying?
Leave the fried potatoes to cook thoroughly until they float to the top of the oil. Once they float up to the top and stay there for one full minute, they are done. The key to knowing when they are done is that they will all float and stay on the surface of the oil.
How do I make frozen fries better?
Here are some of the best ways to make frozen fries taste better, according to professional chefs.
- Don’t let your fries thaw first, and be sure to preheat your oven. …
- An acid will help bring out the flavor of your fries. …
- Bake fries on an open rack for optimum air flow. …
- Use an air fryer for extra crispiness.
How do you pan fry frozen fries?
TO COOK FROZEN FRIES IN A SKILLET
- First heat oil at a depth of ¼ inch in the bottom of your skillet over medium high heat.
- When the oil is glistening hot and when a drop of water spatters loudly.
- Add a large handful of frozen fries to the oil.
- Cook until the amount of crispiness that you prefer.
What temperature do I deep fry fries?
Use a thermometer to ensure the temperature is correct: 325 degrees for French fries, 375 degrees for shoestring and basket-weave fries. Carefully add potatoes to oil in small batches so as not to lower the temperature of the oil.
Can you put frozen food in deep fryer?
We recommend frying frozen when possible, but it’s imperative that you shake off any large or excessive ice buildup off of the frozen product prior to putting it in the hot oil.