How do you cook rice for many people?
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Place 3 quarts uncooked rice in large roasting pan (lightly sprayed with cooking spray), spread evenly. …
- In a large stock-pot, combine water and salt. …
- CAREFULLY pour boiling water over rice and stir so rice is even along the bottom.
- Immediately cover tightly with aluminum foil.
How do you cook pre packaged rice?
Use equal amounts of rice and water. BOIL water. ADD rice, stir, cover & remove from heat. WAIT 5 minutes, or until the water is absorbed, then fluff.
How do I cook 2lbs of rice?
- Place water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Rinse rice under cold water (optional).
- Add a pinch of salt and rice to boiling water. Cover and reduce heat to a low.
- Cook 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for an additional 5 minutes (no peeking).
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
How many persons can half bag of rice feed?
20kg of rice feeds 120 people (if served with moin moin and/ or salad) 25kg (that is, half bag of rice) feeds 150 people (if served with moin moin and/ or salad)
How much water do I use for 2 cups of rice?
The most common ratio for rice to liquid is 1 to 2 or 1 cup rice to 2 cups of water which will yield 3 cups cooked rice. The formula is simple: 1-2-3. So if you were cooking 2 cups of rice, you would cook it with 4 cups of liquid to yield 6 cups of cooked rice.
Is 1 cup of rice enough for 2?
Measure one cup of long grain white rice into a cup and level it off. One cup of dry rice will make enough cooked rice for two to three adult servings. (Or two adults and two small children.) The cool thing about this recipe is it is proportional.
How much rice do I need for 30 guests?
For 30 people, need 10 cups of rice. If you prepare rice for people who has bigger appetite or really love rice, please also adjust the amount of total rice you need according to the gender and age of your guests. Because gender and age may effect how much rice the person needs.
How long should I cook my rice?
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. …
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only toward the end of cooking time). …
- Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes.
Do you add water to Uncle Ben’s Ready rice?
Stir together 1 cup of Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice and 2-1/4 cups of water in a medium, microwave-save bowl. … Stir the rice. Let the rice stand, covered, at room temperature for five minutes.
How do I boil 1 cup of rice?
Basic recipe: Rinse one cup of rice in a strainer and put into a pot with 2 cups of water. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer on very low heat for 45 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
How much water do you need to cook a cup of rice?
The basic water to white rice ratio is 2 cups water to 1 cup rice. You can easily, double and even triple the recipe; just make sure you are using a pot large enough to hold the rice as it cooks and expands.
Should you stir rice while cooking?
“NEVER stir your rice! Stirring activates starch and will make your rice gloppy. … If you cook rice too quickly, the water will evaporate and the rice will be undercooked. Low heat keeps kernels intact.”
Do you add rice to cold or boiling water?
Once you bring the water to a boil you need to turn it down to a simmer. Adding cold rice at this point can thriw off this process. Rice is typically cooked based on ratios of volume. Boiling the water first won’t effect this unless you lose track of it and the boiling causes your water content to reduce.