Heat your olive oil with a bit of sesame oil. Add 2 or so slices of ginger. Once it’s aromatic, add the egg. When it’s just about ready, add just a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar to the oil, baste the egg with the vinegar, and serve.
What should I put on my fried egg?
Fresh herbs certainly work. Pop a sprig of marjoram or thyme, or a couple fresh sage leaves in the oil until sizzling, push them to the edge of the skillet, then add the egg. That fried herb sprig infuses the oil and makes for very nice Instagram photo, too. And don’t forget the old workhorses shallot and garlic.
How do you make fried eggs more interesting?
They toss a half teaspoon of smoked paprika into the oil as it sizzles. That’s it. But this teeny, micro-upgrade accomplishes a number of things: The heat of the oil toasts the ground spice, deepening its flavor. The smokiness infuses and unleashes into the oil to season the eggs as you splash over them.
Which spices go well with eggs?
What Are Good Egg Spices?
- Tarragon. Tarragon is a strong spice and can be overpowering if you use too much. …
- Chervil. Chervil is a spice that tastes like a mix of anise and parsley. …
- Basil. A variety of types of basil exist, each of which work well in different recipes. …
- Chili Powder.
What sauce is good with eggs?
Hollandaise sauce is a classic creamy sauce that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch! This recipe is easy and no-fail. It takes just 5 minutes in a blender. Drizzle it on top of poached eggs, eggs Benedict, vegetables or several other recipes for a delicious finishing touch.
How many calories is one fried egg?
A single large egg, raw, contains about 72 calories. That number increases once you cook the egg, with a boiled egg clocking in at 78, and a fried egg at about 90. (Keep in mind that the calorie count of the egg will increase depending on the oil or butter you fry it in.)
What are the 5 types of fried eggs?
How to Fry the Perfect Egg
- Sunny side up: The egg is fried with the yolk up and is not flipped.
- Over easy: The egg is flipped and the yolk is still runny.
- Over medium: The egg is flipped and the yolk is only slightly runny.
- Over well: The egg is flipped and the yolk is cooked hard.
How long should you cook a fried egg?
In a small nonstick over medium heat, melt butter (or heat oil). Crack egg into pan. Cook 3 minutes, or until white is completely set. Remove from pan and season with salt and pepper.