10. Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to cook a 13 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How do I cook a 13 pound turkey?
- Prepare the turkey for roasting. …
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. …
- Add liquid to the roasting pan. …
- Place the turkey in the oven and turn down the heat. …
- Roast the turkey. …
- Baste the turkey every 45 minutes. …
- Check the turkey’s temperature. …
- Rest the turkey before carving.
How long does it take to cook a 13 lb turkey at 400 degrees?
- First things first: thaw your bird completely before putting it in the oven… but do NOT thaw it at room temperature. …
- 400°F (204°C) is the perfect temperature for cooking a whole bird. …
- Depending on the size of your bird, it should take anywhere from 2-6 hours to roast at 400°F (204°C).
How long should a 20 pound turkey cook at 350 degrees?
If your turkey weighs 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at: 425°F for 3½ to 3¾ hours. 400°F for 3¾ to 4 hours. 350°F for 4 to 4¼ hours.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
325°F for 3¾ to 4 hours.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
How long does it take to cook a 21 pound turkey at 375?
Roast the turkey for 1 hour. Rotate the pan, reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh (dont touch the bone) registers 155 degrees , 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
How many hours per pound do you cook a stuffed turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
|12 to 14 pounds||3 1/2 to 4 hours|
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
Can you cook a turkey on 400 degrees?
400°F is the perfect temperature for cooking a whole bird. You’ll get crispy skin without compromising tenderness. Depending on the size of your bird, it should take anywhere from 3-6 hours to roast at 400°F. … It doesn’t matter what orientation you roast your turkey in.
How long do you leave a turkey in the oven?
Cook until the turkey is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F (checked in the inner thigh meat and in the thickest part of the breast). For a 14 pound turkey this takes around 3 1/2 to 4 hours. A general guide is that it takes approximately 15 minutes per pound to cook an unstuffed turkey.
How long do I leave my turkey out before cooking?
First, Bring Your Bird to Room Temp
Your turkey will cook more evenly and faster if you start it out at room temperature so remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. If you plan to stuff your turkey, wait until you’re ready to put it in the oven before putting the stuffing in the turkey.