What can I add to plain boiled rice?
No need to stress about dinnertime — just throw a pot on the stovetop and get cooking.
- Add Herbs. Shutterstock. …
- Cook It In Broth. …
- Add Cilantro And Lime. …
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce. …
- Sprinkle On Furikake. …
- Mix In Salsa. …
- Add Beans. …
- Put An Egg On It.
How can I make boiled rice more interesting?
Cook the rice with chicken or vegetable broth.
If not, I’ll add a dab of chicken or vegetable bouillon. I sometimes find that using 100% chicken broth can make the rice feel gummy or overly-starchy — personally, I usually go for a 50/50 mix of broth and water.
How do you Flavour boiled rice?
One of the simplest ways to flavour rice is to add liquid or powdered stock to the pot. If you opt for powdered stock, add it in place of the salt in step 2. If you choose liquid stock, add it in place of the water in step 3. If you would prefer a lighter flavour, try adding half stock and half water.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character. To take things up a notch, Spiceography suggests frying the spices in oil first.
What can I add to plain white rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
What to add to brown rice to make it taste better?
15 Easy Ways to Season Brown Rice
- Add in Garlic salt – So easy and really bumps up the flavor.
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
How do you make rice less bland?
How to fix bland rice
- Toss some butter and salt into the pot with your rice and water.
- Replace the water with more flavorful liquids such as broth or coconut milk, like in this Shrimp with Coconut Rice recipe.
- For a nutty taste, lightly toast the rice in the pot before adding the cooking liquid.
How do you season rice after cooking?
Once your starch is finished cooking, taste it! It’s impossible to know how much seasoning a dish needs without trying it. If it still tastes bland add a pinch or two of salt, mix, then taste again. Try switching up your salt source and give bouillon flakes, spice packets, soy sauce, or miso a try.
Do you season rice before or after cooking?
most of the time you should do it before. It will allow the flavors to absorb during the cooking process. Before. But even before that, put your rice in the pot dry and toast it for a couple of minutes to bring out the nutty flavor.