How long does it take to cook a 13 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
How do I cook a 13 pound turkey?
- Prepare the turkey for roasting. …
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. …
- Add liquid to the roasting pan. …
- Place the turkey in the oven and turn down the heat. …
- Roast the turkey. …
- Baste the turkey every 45 minutes. …
- Check the turkey’s temperature. …
- Rest the turkey before carving.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How can I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
Stick with a temperature of 325°F, which ensures the turkey gets cooked all the way without becoming overdone.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
Convection ovens use a fan to move the hot air around, so food cooks about 30 percent faster than it does in a conventional bake oven, which does not have a fan. … So, although a convection oven will cook faster, even a bake oven will work if the turkey is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Should you wash your turkey?
Wash Hands and Surfaces; not the Turkey
According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces.
How long does a 10 pound turkey take to cook?
How Long to Cook a Turkey
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
How long do I cook a 22 pound Butterball turkey?
For an unstuffed turkey, Butterball recommended:
- 6-10 pounds: 1½ -2 hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2-2½ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 2½-3 hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3-3½ hours.
What temperature do you cook a Butterball turkey?
How to Roast Fully Cooked Whole Turkeys
- Preheat oven to 350° F. …
- Place thawed turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan 2 to 2½ inches deep. …
- Brush or spray skin lightly with vegetable or cooking oil for best appearance.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer deep into the thigh without touching the bone.