Thank you to Vanessa from Olivia’s New Life for nominating Frugal in SA for the Blogger Recognition Award! I am absolutely thrilled!
The Blogger Recognition Award is an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. It’s an excellent way of showcasing the blogs we follow and enjoy reading, and acknowledging the hard work and dedication of the people who create such blogs.
Why I started blogging
I started my blog so that I can share with, and learn from, others on my own journey to spending more wisely, living debt-free and being less wasteful and more resourceful with what I have. While there are many overseas blogs in similar niches to mine, I wanted to create a space online where we could share our thoughts on products, shops and means and ways of saving on household expenses in South Africa.
Advice for new bloggers
Advice #1: Be patient with yourself and your blog. It takes time for your blog, your audience and social media following, to grow. Focus on creating content so that when the right audience does find you, they will have plenty of posts to read!
Advice #2: Join a Facebook bloggers’ support group. The support and advice are absolutely invaluable, and you will learn from and grow with each other.
And the nominees are (in no particular order):
- Fire, Water, Food & Travel
- Anthea’s Project Life
- Take charge of your money
- Hayley’s Joys
- Stealthy Wealth
- Life Lived Simply
- Glass of Mylk
- Just a Girl from Aamchi Mumbai
- My Gifts from Above
- The Frugal Cottage
I really enjoy reading all of these blogs and I hope you’ll go and check out each and every one. They’re doing an awesome job!
Some Rules for the Nominees to pay it forward
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how/why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 – 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing the link to the post you created.
If you’ve enjoyed this blog post, please share it with others!
You can also find Frugal in SA